Please find attached the activities for our first “Consolidation” day. As previously communicated by Mr Wignall, the process of awarding Exam Grades this year for yr11s is an extremely complex one requiring a significant amount of time for teachers. As such we will then be holding two consolidation days starting with this one on May 4th and subsequently on May 11th.
On these days teachers will not be setting work for their classes. The expectations for students is as follows:
1. They catch up on any work they have not been able to complete.
2. They engage in the reflection process about how successful they have been in completing the work set in lockdown and strategies to help them, during this period, including activities highlighted by their Achievement Leader. It would be really helpful if you could find the time to discuss this with your son/daughter in order to support their learning.
Achievement Leader Activities
- Y7 Achievement Leader Activities and Reflection
- Y8 Achievement Leader Activities and Reflection
- Y9 Achievement Leader Activities and Reflection
- Y10 Achievement Leader Activities and Reflection
3. They engage in some of the “Challenges” included in the Challenge Activities
4. They email evidence of the Challenges undertaken.
5.They complete the evaluation of the day.
We are immensely proud of the efforts and work completed by Downlands’ students whilst in the present, difficult circumstances and we hope to showcase examples of their superb work, so please encourage your son/daughter to email their evidence, so that we can all celebrate their effort and success.