Welcome to the Careers Page!
Please remember that Mrs Cutress is available EVERY afternoon after school if you have any questions or worries. Mrs Cutress can be contacted on email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (01273 845892 ext 239).
- Post 16 Information
- Work Experience 2020
- College Taster Days for Yr 10
- Plumpton College
- Careers Education, Advice and Guidance Policy
- Other Career Related Information
- Letter to Parents Sept 2020
- Information booklet for Year 11 students - 2020 version
- On From 16 Information
- Questions to expect at a College Interview
- Army Apprenticeships - https://youtu.be/CRJl_CsxlGU
- Welcome to BHASVIC - https://vimeo.com/241485040
- Why come to BHASVIC - https://vimeo.com/456724104
- BIMM (British & Irish Modern Music) Institute - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNoGTg8LZ9M&t=44s
- Greater Brighton MET College - https://youtu.be/FV-gi1iO2qU
- Haywards Heath College Haywards Heath College Presentation Sept 2021 Start Final - Video
- Collyers - blob:https://www.youtube.com/bee81c83-992d-4c12-a679-a6c8ba92c5ec
- Crawley College https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSfRxiLx4w8
- DV8 Sussex - https://youtu.be/YysehfM4Rs8
- Plumpton College - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMokvHOaB8Q&feature=emb_logo&safe=active
- St Paul's Sixth Form -
- Varndean College - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPgElLgXPKc&safe=active
We are unsure whether work experience will be able to happen in July 2021, but will keep you informed when a decision has been made.
Are you interested in finding out more about apprenticeships? Check out the link on You Tube for more information:You can search for apprenticeship vacancies at: https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
The range of courses cover all land-based provision including Agriculture, Horticulture, Floristry, Greenkeeping, Hard Landscaping, Equine, Agricultural and Horticultural Machinery, Metalsmithing, Animal Care and Veterinary Nursing, Countryside Management, Forestry and Arboriculture, Sports (Outdoor Adventurous Education), Wine and Viticulture, and Rural Business Management.
At Open Day you can meet current students to find out more about student life at Plumpton College. You can see the excellent student facilities in every Department. We hope that you will come along and enjoy a great day out at Open Day!
See the attached leaflet for more information:www.plumpton.ac.uk
Taster Courses at Plumpton College
- www.plumpton.ac.uk Tel:01273 890454
- Taster courses for school students in years 9, 10 and 11 in October half term
- Download the taster courses booklet - or see Mrs Cutress for a booklet and application form:
Are you worried about your College Interview? Check out the following leaflet to give you some pointers….. remember you can also speak to Mrs Cutress who will give you some reassurance. She is available in her office every afternoon after school until 4pm.
Questions to expect at a College Interview
Year 9 Careers Speed Networking 2019
In January our Year 9 students took part in our annual Careers Speed Dating event. Students had the opportunity to speak to a range of volunteers from a large range of different careers including healthcare, banking, construction, uniformed public service, media, hospitality, aviation. It was a fun event and the students and volunteers were brilliant! Students were engaged and inquisitive about the variety of careers available to them. This is part of their Key Stage 4 option process and will help them in making their GCSE course choices later next month.
We will be running a similar event in January 2021. If anyone is interested in taking part, please email email@example.com